How to Start with Medicine Delivery App Development [Ultimate Guide for 2020]
Pharmacy is a challenging industry with thousands of companies fighting for a place at the top.
Innovations, marketing campaigns, and business development strategies allow companies to stay afloat in the overcrowded scene of the pharmacy industry.
One of the most promising areas for business development is the e-pharmacy market. The current popularity of this sphere is fully explained by projected market growth. According to research by Zion, the global e-pharmacy market was estimated at $42,32 in 2018. The market is expected to grow up to $107,53 billion by 2025 and show a CAGR of around 14.26%.
This article will explain why you should invest in a pharmacy delivery app today and what benefits you will be able to reap over the years to come.
A pharmacy delivery app bears a lot of benefits for customers and pharmaceutical companies. Ordering of medicine via a mobile app saves a lot of time, grants access to a wide choice of medicine options, preserves privacy, etc.
Here are the main benefits of prescription delivery apps for customers:
- Ordering of drugs from the comfort of their homes
- No need to leave the house
- Wide choice of medicine
- Access to details on drugs and medicine
- Discounts and special offers
- Ability to track orders
- Fast price comparison
Prescription Delivery App Features
There are different ways in which you can develop a medicine delivery app. Depending on the business model you use and business needs, you might need to develop up to four separate parts of the app. In most cases, a pharmacy delivery app consists of the following elements:
Features for Customers
You can find below a list of basic features that should be included in medicine delivery app development:
- Registration and Login
- Profile management
- Add prescription
- Search medicine
- Order medicine
- Pay for orders
- Order history
- Drug details
- Ratings & feedback
- Provide page
- Refund query
Features for Pharmacies
Medicine delivery apps also have a panel for pharmacy staff. Such features can be used if you sell your own products or allow third-party vendors to sell in your application.
- Account Management
- Order management
- Digital prescriptions
- Order history
- Push notifications
Features for Admins
An admin panel is an integral part of any prescription delivery app. Find below the main features that you can develop:
- Payment gateways
- Order tracking
- Customer support
- Inventory management
- Users and suppliers management
Features for Couriers
Couriers are an integral part of any delivery applications. Medicine delivery app development should include the creation of a separate app for drivers.
Let’s find out the main features of a medical delivery driver app:
- Courier profile
- Push notifications
- Delivery status
- History of delivered orders
- Work status
Aside from the above basic features, you can include some unique ones in medicine delivery app development.
Monetization Strategies for a Medicine Delivery App
The main goal of creating a prescription delivery app is the business advantage, the possibility of reaching a wider audience and increasing sales.
How can you make money with a pharmacy delivery app?
There are a few approaches to monetization of drug delivery app that you can utilize to turn on-demand medicine delivery into a profitable business:
- Fees — if you allow third-party vendors to sell products on your platform, you can make money by taking some fee for each product sold or for revenue.
- Subscriptions — this is another monetization strategy that can bring significant revenue. Customers who pay for subscriptions can be offered free delivery or discount on medicine.
- Advertisements — You can promote medicine, other pharmacies or products offered by third-party medical vendors.
- Built-in promotion features — this strategy is suitable for medicine delivery apps that act as marketplaces for third-party vendors. You can allow them to promote their own businesses inside your application and get money for placing their companies in the recommended section, for showing medicine at the first position in search results, etc.
Depending on the business model, one or a combination of a few monetization strategies can be utilized. You need to understand which ones you will choose before you start medicine delivery app development since making drastic changes in the middle of the development process might be costly.
What is the Cost to Develop a Pharmacy Delivery App?
The cost to develop a prescription delivery app depends on the number of factors:
- Number of features and their complexity
- Which platforms you target (iOS, Android, or both)
- Location to which you outsource medicine delivery app development
- Additional provided services (business analysis, market research, etc.)
Usually, the development of a single app version (Android or iOS) for one user app (client app, courier, admin, or pharmacy) starts at $50,000. Thus, you will need to spend at least $200,000 on a working version of a drug delivery app.
Learn more about Medicine Delivery App Development