How to Make an App Like Uber?
In 2019, 111 million people used Uber on a monthly basis.
The ridesharing market has witnessed a huge surge in the last few years. Uber is the most vivid example of a taxi-hailing company that turned into a multi-billion business. In 2019 alone, the company’s global net revenue amounted to 14.1 billion U.S dollars. The company is working in countries all over the world.
Uber like app development involved the creation of three major parts:
· app for passengers
· app for drivers
· admin panel
Let’s find out how to make an app like Uber from the perspective of creating features for drivers. Here is a list of basic features to provide.
· Driver verification — verification of drivers should be performed from the administrative panel, as it requires the verification of a driving license, vehicle insurance, documents on a car, etc.
· Trip alert — this feature notifies drivers when a new trip request is placed with the ability to accept or decline it. The alert includes information about passenger’s location, review, route, etc.
· Push notifications — these can be used to notify about any changes in route, pickup location, request status, etc.
· Navigation and route optimization — allows for drivers to get to the pick-up location faster, using the integration of Apple or Google Maps.
· Revenue reports — this feature provides information about drivers’ revenue, allowing them to look up statistics on daily or monthly earnings.
· Messaging — allows for direct communication between a driver and a passenger within your taxi app like Uber.
Admin Panel for an App Like Uber
As was already mentioned, apps like Uber usually consists of different parts, one of them being an admin panel. That’s why you should create an app like Uber with an admin panel that will be a control center for admins to manage customers, drivers, orders, payments, reviews, etc.
Usually, taxi apps include the following features for the admin panel:
· Passenger and driver management
· Feedback and reviews management
· Locations and fares management
· Taxi booking management
· Payment management
· Notifications management
· Best routes management
· Passenger and user support
· Promotions and discounts creation and management
· Integration with multiple analytics tools (possible integration with Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning for better in-app analytics)
Tech Stack for Uber Like App Development
In this part of the article, you are going to find out how to make an app like Uber from a technical point of view. As Uber has already opened its API to the public, you can use it to create an app like Uber. Otherwise, there is an overview of all the technical integrations that you might need during Uber like app development.
The main technology of an app like Uber is the extensive use of geolocation. Other important features include push notifications, integration of payment gateways, and route building.
Aside from integrations, the development requires you to choose other technologies and programming languages. You can use the Swift and Kotlin programming languages for iOS and Android development accordingly. As for the app’s backend, you can use a number of languages, including Python, Java, PHP, Ruby on Rails, Node.js, etc.
How Much Does It Cost to Develop an App Like Uber?
The answer to this question depends on a number of factors, one of the most important ones being the location to which you decide to outsource Uber like app development. In the USA, the average cost of app development services is about $100/hour. If you decide to outsource app development there, the cost to create an app like Uber will be the following:
· Passenger app: $109,080 — $200,000
· Driver app: $27,000 — $58,000
· Admin panel: $26,000 — $36,000
· Total cost: $163,000 — $249,000
Create an App like Uber: Step-by-Step Process
To sum up everything said above, take a look at the step-by-step guide explaining how to make an app like Uber from the idea to its successful launch and promotion. Here is a quick overview of all the stages that you should undergo:
1. Market research
2. Audience research
3. UX/UI design
4. Monetization strategy
5. Find Uber app development company
6. Crete the first product version
7. Test and get customer feedback
8. Plan for improvements
9. Ongoing development and support
10. Marketing strategy
Thus, when crea9ting a ride share app, you will need to create all these mentioned parts of the application.
For more information about How to Make an App Like Uber read here.